Udemy Online Course Free Coupon Code
Introduction To East Indian Classical Dance
The Basics of Movement – Free Course
What you’ll learn
- You will learn to appreciate the diversity in East Indian classical dance styles.
- You will practice basic hand gestures, footwork and movements.
- You will learn the importance of posture, form and lines in movement.
- You should be in good physical health and not have any medical conditions that can be adversely impacted by moderate to rigorous exercise.
- You should have a smooth, flat surface on which to practice. The surface should be free from objects that can cause injury. Wooden or tiled floors are the most suitable as practice must be done barefoot.
This introductory dance course will cover the foundations of classical East Indian dance. An examination of the styles of dance in the East Indian genre will assist students in identifying the basics of posture, form and movement. It will introduce the Bharatnatyam style in practice but will focus on ‘nritta’ or the ‘pure’ dimension of the style alone.
Author(s): Alana Abdool